3808 N Sullivan Rd, 14-J
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
Food bank sorting & packaging
Northwest Harvest is the only nonprofit food bank distributor operating statewide in Washington with a network of 375 food banks, meal programs and high-need schools. Through this network, we provide nearly 2 million meals every month.
The mission of Northwest Harvest is leading the fight for hungry people statewide to have access to nutritious food while respecting their dignity and promoting good health. Our vision is ending hunger in Washington.
Volunteering at Northwest Harvest
Volunteers at Northwest Harvest sort and package bulk food into smaller portions so that food banks and their clients can use the food effectively. Volunteer shifts typically run from 12-2pm Monday-Thursday, with one 6-8pm shift per week and one Saturday shift per month. However, the schedule does vary from month to month.
Prospective volunteers can register in our system at: www.northwestharvest.org/sign-upapply-to-volunteer. Once registered, volunteers receive a monthly calendar with the open volunteer shifts for the coming month. We are very flexible and can accommodate groups that would like to come in on a certain day or time.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFO:
· All spots must be reserved in advance. We do not accept drop in volunteers.
· Close toed shoes are required.
· Our minimum age for volunteering is 9 years old
· Volunteers under the age of 15 must have an adult guardian with them at all times
· We are happy to sign off on service hours for school or work purposes, but we are unable to provide court-related community service.
1. From 1-90 take the Sullivan Exit and head north.
2. Turn right on B Street
3. Turn right on First Street, which is the first street after the La Quinta.
4. Turn left on C Street, which is after the building with the big “14” on it
5. Northwest Harvest will be on your left.
6. The address is 3808 N Sullivan Rd Building 14J
7. Please note - Carpooling is recommended. Parking is free, but space is limited.
For more information, please contact Matt Ryan at email@example.com or (509) 891-7276.